This collection includes several exceptional chocolate bars I’ve recently discovered along with tried-and-true favorites. Experience the different flavors of cacao beans grown in Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Madagascar, Bolivia, Belize, and Tanzania—transformed into extraordinary chocolate by small companies in Iceland, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Create a chocolate care package gift to brighten someone’s day or put together your own delicious chocolate tasting journey, choosing the bars that appeal most to you. Scroll below the descriptions to make your selection.
Milk Chocolate Bars
• OmNom Caramel: Made in Iceland with cacao beans from Nicaragua and embedded with pieces of caramel, with tasting notes of fudge, caramel, and rainbow(!)—what’s not to like?
• Fruition Brown Butter Milk Chocolate (43%): Made in New York with beans from the Dominican Republic; the addition of locally churned Ronnybrook Farm Dairy browned butter along with a higher percentage of chocolate add a twist to a classic milk chocolate bar.
Dark Chocolate Bars
• Crow & Moss Ecuador Camino Verde (70%): Made in small batches along the shores of Lake Michigan, this bar is fudgy and rich, with tasting notes of almonds and black tea.
• Sol Cacao Madagascar (72%), Made in the Bronx by three brothers who grew up in Trinidad and Tobago eating chocolates made with the cacao trees growing all around them. This bar artfully captures the unique flavors of beans grown in Madagascar, with notes of raspberry, cherry, and citrus.
• Stonegrinz Wild Bolivia (70%): Made in Arizona from organic cacao beans that grow wild along the Amazon river basin, with flavor notes of roasted malt, cashew, and plum. Winner of multiple awards, this is one of my all-time favorites.
• LetterPress Maya Mountain Cacao (70%): Made in California with Heirloom cacao beans from Belize, tasting of stone fruit, mocha, and pepper. This has been a customer favorite since I began offering bean-to-bar chocolates.
• Fossa Honey Orchid Dancong Hongcha: Made in Singapore with beans from Tanzania and tea from the Guangdong Province in China, featuring a lychee fragrance and red date sweetness. (FYI, I am obsessed with this bar.)
• Akesson’s Madagascar Criollo (100%): Made in the United Kingdom with rare, select Heirloom cacao beans from the Sambirano Valley, featuring a subtle fruity-sweet tartness. If you’ve ever been curious about tasting 100% chocolate, this is the one to try. I use this chocolate to make my 100% Chocolate Treats.
• French Broad Scorpion Pepper Mini Bar (72%): Made in North Carolina with locally-grown scorpion peppers, which add a subtle fruity flavor with a kick. From the maker: “This chocolate isn’t a badge-of-honor experience meant to burn you from the inside out; our use of The Scorpion is judicious.” I totally agree.
NOTE: I cannot ship to warm climates (above 70°).
Shipping (Priority Mail, US only): $10 flat rate. Additional charges may apply for large orders. See the About section for more information on shipping and returns.
Local Pickup: Free, by appointment, in Newton, MA.